Happy New Year! There are new pictures and stories for you to enjoy. You can scroll down or go to the archives at the right of the page. I'd love to hear back from you. Enjoy!

October 04, 2006

UN 9/19/06

UN
September 19, 2006

Today I went to the UN compund! I befriended Malu, from thePhillipines who works there. I went there for lunch, got a tour, had coffee and met some of her co-workers. It is a huge facility!!! Complete with an ATM (one of 3 in the entire city), art store, clothing store, duty free store, restaurants, offices, gym, etc.

The flags weren't up and I didn't get to go into that round room with diplomats from all over the world, like you see on TV. But it was quite amazing. They have over 8,000 people working there. I'm trying to network as much as possible... maybe I can figure out a way to at least volunteer for one of the organizations- its a long shot, but worth a try.

I met the language school director and he said that I can take language classes there if I'd like. My new plan: Stick out the year in Addis- continue networking to find a way into an NGO- start learning Arabic or French!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home