Happy New Year! There are new pictures and stories for you to enjoy. You can scroll down or go to the archives at the right of the page. I'd love to hear back from you. Enjoy!

October 04, 2006

The Boys

September 14, 2006?
I don't ever know the date, or time...
On my first night here I met "The boys." I met them through an Ethiopian and had no idea that they would become what I'll prematurely call good friends. They are Dieter, Mike and Watcha from the Phillipines and Thailand. They are the nicest, most helpful and fun people here. Basically they've taken us (Maryanne, Alex and I) out, helped us get acquainted with the city- they are our drivers, so when public transportation stops, they take me home. Most of all though, they listen to us bitch about our work, cheer us up and sing a mean karaoke!

I've spent more nights than I'd like to admit singing karaoke at the boys’ house. Believe it or not- I actually karaoke. I do a great- I'm too sexy- in a British accent and I like to think I can rap... you are all missing out.

What's funny, the song “Country Road” by John Denver really gets the Ethiopians going. At a house party two weekends ago, Country Road came on and there were about 25 Ethiopians belting it out! Who would have thought- Country Road? Yeah, so far my Ethiopian experience involves a lot of karaoke (and boxed South African wine).

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I can envision this perfectly. Keep it up-- maybe YOU will become the 4th best singer in Ethiopia.

October 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home