Happy New Year! There are new pictures and stories for you to enjoy. You can scroll down or go to the archives at the right of the page. I'd love to hear back from you. Enjoy!

March 31, 2007

FTA update- March 22

I am becoming more comfortable in my class.  My students are making real progress.  The workload has become manageable.  But the gossip and drama continues. 
 Our supervisor seems to play favorites... maybe it is unintentional, but there are always offical competitions, the week class A wins, there are certificates and prizes, while the weeks when other classes win, their victory goes unmentioned. 
 We were evaluated based on opinion alone.  I got my evaluation back and while I didn't disagree with anything, they couldn't really jutify my results or give ways for me to improve.
And the lastest drama- while I was crouched down pretending to a rocketship, counting backwards towards blast off, the school director (Fessaha- which sounds a lot like the Amharic word for fart)  walked into my classroom and asked to speak to me.  I was called into his office to nark on my supervisor (Jill- the fitting, Amharic word for fool).  Seeing as I don't much like her, I told all.  Bad  decision?  He said there are rumors that Jill wants to open her own school and is recruiting teachers, I told him what I knew.  Then I told Jill that Fessaha had asked me and told her exactly what I had told him!?!!  Am I stupid?  Am I just creating drama?  I don't quite know why I did all that, but looks like Ms. Jill most likely won't be there next year. 
 


We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love
(and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home