Happy New Year! There are new pictures and stories for you to enjoy. You can scroll down or go to the archives at the right of the page. I'd love to hear back from you. Enjoy!

November 11, 2006

Ethiopian Time

Ethiopians keep time a bit differently than we do.  I wake up at 1, I go to work at 2, take tea at 4, lunch at 6, go home around 10 or 11, eat dinner around 2 and sleep around 5 or 6.  Can you figure it out? 
The day begins at 6 am, not 12.  It makes perfect sense.  The sun rises about 6, so that is when our day begins and so 7 o'clock our time is therefore 1, 12 o'clock our time is 6 and so on. 
At first it was really confusing.  I've figured that if we're speaking English, chances are good that we're using western time.  But to clarify I know we're talking western time system if am/pm are used.


Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home