Happy New Year! There are new pictures and stories for you to enjoy. You can scroll down or go to the archives at the right of the page. I'd love to hear back from you. Enjoy!

December 30, 2006

Bahir Dar-Ghion Hotel

Bahir Dar-Ghion Hotel
December 23, 2006
I returned from the falls, tired and ready for shower. I was called in to speak with the manager. He said, "I think you need to leave today." I asked why and he said that he needed the room. I told him that I had reserved the room for three nights- I was going to stay another night. He insisted that I had to leave. I told him that if he made me leave I wouldn't pay for the previous few nights… he sent a young boy to tell me I have to leave- sp I packed my bags and left! Unfortunately there was a conference in town that weekend whichh made finding a room difficult. Finally I found a room- whichh was nicer and less expensive!
That night I was out at a traditional bar with Wondemagen, a friend of my friend from Addis. The receptionist sat down next to me insisting that I pay him right then. Drama, drama. Finally he left. In the mornign I returned to pay the bill. The manager was apologetic- I paid. Never

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home