Happy New Year! There are new pictures and stories for you to enjoy. You can scroll down or go to the archives at the right of the page. I'd love to hear back from you. Enjoy!

April 02, 2007

MS. JILL GOT FIRED!

March 29, 2007
It is so funny how things work out; in a diary entry just  a few weeks ago I wrote,"This week I realized I was no longer being genuine and so have became unhappy.  I am not genuine at work with all the gossip and indirect meanness.  I'm not genuine in my teaching... I love my students but I have given into a teaching methodology that I don't enjoy or believe in.  I've continued to work for an administration I don't respect."  And now all that has changed!
 
I can't say I am responsible for MS. JILL GETTING FIRED!!!, but in all honesty I think I had a part to play in it.  I am happy for myself and for the school!  Ms. Jill has only made herself look even more immature, incompetent and crazy since she's been fired!  She comes to the school to talk to the parents and tell them that everything the school is saying is a lie.  She showed up with police one day- not sure why.  She is planning to sue the school.  She tried to take all the worksheets that we teachers have been making all year (so she can create her own workbook to sell).  And she deleted EVERYTHING on her computer- I'm sure there was information on there that would get her in trouble- and she was being vengeful, so now all student files, report cards, etc. are lost!
 
Aside from my fellow  teachers who are crying, forming alliances and generally being mean to those of us who don't care that Jill was fired...everything is great!!!! Our new supervisor Stephanie is excellent, well qualified and most importantly shares  my philosophy of teaching.  As of next week- no more worksheets, she wants activities, no drilling, music class, etc.  Best of all, Stephanie wants to know what we the teachers want to do!!  All this change mid year means much more work!  But I'm excited, at least I'll soon be teaching authentically!


Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home